Research has shown acupuncture does the following for back pain:
- Reduce recovery time and prevent a chronic condition from occurring.
- Promote the secretion of natural steroids and endorphins to decrease pain and inflammation.
- Improve the functional status of person in pain. Acupuncture was found to significantly improve the patient’s quality of life and allows them to participate in daily activities.
The most common injuries to the back:
Comes from twisting, pulling or overdoing an activity. The number one cause of back pain? Overusing a muscle that is already injured.
- Symptoms: Chronic aching or stiffness anywhere along the spine.
Arises from stretching a ligament beyond its capacity. This type of pain is usually associated with lifting, making sudden movements or activities that require pulling movements, such as gardening.
- Symptoms: Sharp, localized pain anywhere along the spine.
Spinal Stenosis is the narrowing of the spinal canal causing nerves to be pinched. Common in people over 35 yrs old.
- Symptoms: Pain along the spine that radiates outward to other locations, such as the leg or waist.
This condition is common in over 35 yrs old individuals. Changes in the boney facet joint causing friction with movements.
- Symptoms: Pain along the spine that radiates outwards to other locations, such as the leg or waist.
Call (914) 572-5137 today or click here to schedule an appointment & learn more about how we can help you with your pain relief.